L'âme des couteaux
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

Conseils toxyfication

4 participants

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2

Conseils toxyfication - Page 2 Empty Re: Conseils toxyfication

Message  Invité Ven 18 Sep 2009 - 12:56

le mot toxification vient de eric blair le boss de USN

Toxic philosophy, inspiration and influence.
I've been meaning to post this thread for a long time. Everytime that I started to post it, it just seemed impossible or too overwhelming. I could write a book about this subject and never cover everything that I want to say.

So I'll give it a try right now, and I'll try to keep it brief.

Toxic has somehow become a buzz-word ever since I've gotten into knifemaking. I'm very proud of that! That means I'm helping people to think differently. Making people think and wonder is a good thing.

But I still get e-mails all of the time from people asking for some kind of definition of what "Toxic" actually means as it applies to the stuff I make.

If you look it up in the dictionary, you'll see something like this:

Tox´ic
Adj.1.toxic - of or relating to or caused by a toxin or poison; "suffering from exposure to toxic substances" harmful - causing or capable of causing harm; "too much sun is harmful to the skin"; "harmful effects of smoking"

unhealthful - detrimental to good health; "unhealthful air pollution"; "unhealthful conditions in old apartments with peeling lead-based paint"

harmful, noxious - injurious to physical or mental health; "noxious chemical wastes"; "noxious ideas"

Focus on that last definition, because that's pretty much where I'm going.

"Injurious to physical OR mental health" and "noxious ideas".

Yeah, that's absolutely where I'm going.

I'm a fulltime knifemaker, or more precisely, I'm a fulltime defensive weapons maker.

I do what I do because:

1. It makes me happy.

2. I'm inspired.

Numero uno is a major reason. In fact, it's the primary reason. Too many people go through life doing things that do NOT make them happy.
Happiness is The Key to All.

But number two is equally important. Inspiration (and influence) create momentum. Without momentum we'd just stagnate and keep doing what everyone else does (whatever that is).

I've always loved knives. Always. I got my first knife when I was five years old. It was a slip joint folder and I got it at the gift shop at the Zoo. And I cut myself with it perhaps 5 minutes later. Man, that was COOL!

I BLEED therefore I AM!

Growing up, I realized that all of the men in my family were into knives at least to some extent.
By the time that I was ten years old I was going to knife shows with my Uncle Bob. Bob was my favorite Uncle because he always had the coolest stuff. He was into guns and knives and fast cars and great watches and good cigars and a nice home and..........being happy.

You see, Uncle Bob was a Suspect before I ever new what a Suspect was.

So by the time that I was into my teens I had amassed a fairly decent knife collection. As the years turned to decades, this collection continued to evolve and improve.

Some knives came and went, but some remained constant. Some became companions and friends. Others merely became learning experiences.

I learned that there are really only three kinds of knives:

1. Crappy knives

2. Decent knives

3. Really fucking GREAT knives!

I also learned that number 1 and 2 don't really matter. Only number 3 matters at all.

So I made it a point to find out more about really GREAT knives (as I understood them, and as really GREAT knives applied to me).

My concept of really GREAT knives was simple to define.

When it comes to being a Knife Guy; I'm not a hunter. I'm not a fisherman. I'm not a chef. I'm not a gentleman. I'm not an artsy type of guy.

I'm the kind of guy who is into knives simply because I appreciate a tool meant for the purpose of drawing blood and cutting things that need to be cut.

So this alone put me into the category of Tactical Knife enthusiast (whatever a tactical knife actually is).

But as time went on, I realized that I wasn't just into Tactical Knives. I was into the wickedest and most extreme tactical knives. The more vicious looking the better. Give me a knife that looks like a rabid dog ready to rip your jugular out and I'm happy. THAT is a KNIFE!

Pretty soon I developed more specific tastes. I began to realize that it wasn't just various aspects of wicked knives that shot adrenalin into my veins, but rather the various designs of specific makers who continuously came up with such nastiness time and time again. The knifemakers that I could count on to make knives that would make me happy to spend my money in order to acquire something beautifully deadly.

Each maker/designer is different. Each maker/designer inspires me for a different reason. Here are those makers who inspire me the most and the reasons that they inspire me.

1. Ernest Emerson - Zero ground chisel grinds. There's nothing more severe. Nuf said.

2. Laci Szabo - because he makes me think "Why didn't I think of that??!!"

3. Fred Perrin - because he makes me think "I didn't think of that because I'm not Fred."

4. Steve Ryan - I admire the way that Steve's knives conjur up the image of aliens from another planet with freakish blades made for the purpose of collecting tissue samples from unsuspecting earthlings. I also admire Steve's use of serrations because serrations are just twisted and sick.

5. Mick Strider - because a knife really should be overbuilt. It should be thicker and more robust and tougher than any damage that you can possibly inflict upon it, ever.

I looked at knives. I looked at the makers who made those knives. And at some point they inspired me to become what they are; a very different kind of knifemaker.

Hopefully at some point I'll come to mean to you what those men have come to mean to me. That's really my only goal.

I just want to create edged sickness that you can't live without. I want to create blades that make you wonder where the hell I come from and that make you wonder why you can't reach that same place in your mind simply by owning one of my creations.

Noxious ideas with the intent of being injurious to mental and physical health. That's what Toxic is.

Thanks for reading this stuff that I've been wanting to type for so long.

Invité
Invité

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  cardoso5fr Ven 18 Sep 2009 - 13:09

Merci mon nourson, j'avais jamais lu ce post et pourtant je dois être sur USN depuis au moins 4 ans.
cardoso5fr
cardoso5fr

http://dremeltingpotes.free.fr

Message  Invité Ven 18 Sep 2009 - 13:11

c'est la

http://usualsuspect.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14830

PS:faut y etre inscrit pour pouvoir y rentrer

Invité
Invité

Message  cardoso5fr Ven 18 Sep 2009 - 13:15

Donc en plus c'est bien avec un I et pas un Y Very Happy
cardoso5fr
cardoso5fr

Message  Invité Ven 18 Sep 2009 - 15:02

eric blair a écrit:
....I'm the kind of guy who is into knives simply because I appreciate a tool meant for the purpose of drawing blood and cutting things that need to be cut.....

...But as time went on, I realized that I wasn't just into Tactical Knives. I was into the wickedest and most extreme tactical knives. The more vicious looking the better. Give me a knife that looks like a rabid dog ready to rip your jugular out and I'm happy. THAT is a KNIFE!....

Evil or Very Mad Il m'a l'air bien cuit du bulbe le gars ! Et un brin psychopathe...(ou alors mon anglais est rouillé et j'ai mal traduit...)

Invité
Invité

Message  cardoso5fr Ven 18 Sep 2009 - 15:30

Non tu traduis bien, on va dire que c'est trés optique de la mort qui tue. Mais dans les faits, il est vraiment sympatique.
cardoso5fr
cardoso5fr

Message  Invité Jeu 24 Sep 2009 - 12:21

Bon, j'ai essayé de m'améliorer sur vos conseils et cette fois en essayant sur du bois. J'ai donc retravaillé les plaquettes de deux de mes couteaux maisons.

Conseils toxyfication - Page 2 Streetbowiejpb
Conseils toxyfication - Page 2 Bowiejptox

Conseils toxyfication - Page 2 Enzotrappeur
Conseils toxyfication - Page 2 Enzotx

Invité
Invité

Message  Invité Jeu 24 Sep 2009 - 13:21

un peu plus en quinconce et chevauchant et ça le fait

Invité
Invité

Message  Gustuvi Jeu 24 Sep 2009 - 13:28

je préfère le premier ! (qui d'ailleurs me plait énormément )
sinon ça donne envie d'essayer , allez faut que je m'y mette Shocked
Gustuvi
Gustuvi
Ninja des bois

http://nobushsofa.over-blog.com/

Message  cardoso5fr Dim 27 Sep 2009 - 21:01

Sympatique tout ça.
cardoso5fr
cardoso5fr